A mobile application provider had a series of innovative technologies and struggled to convey a clean, user friendly message
- Developed a customer engagement framework, based on existing technical assets and future roadmap
- Pioneered Direct Carrier Billing, social media integration and customer analytics into client’s mobile app strategy
- Crafted and supported pitches to client telco targets
A fresh customer engagement framework help open doors with new prospects
A technically expert team struggled to get a clear message across and focus its roadmap to support customer needs
- Developed a product roadmap based on extensive competitive benchmarking.
- Created impactful go-to-market themes around loyalty, enterprise solutions, payments, social media integration, full MVNO set up, BSS as a service etc
- Identified and qualified a global target lead list
Simplified the sales messaging, created a practical product roadmap and boosted the sales funnel.
A global BSS provider experiencing financial difficulties needed to revamp its strategy to future-proof their services portfolio, identify opportunities in new markets, and boost its valuation
- Analysed the global addressable market and developed an attack plan
- Benchmarked key competitors and adjacent innovators, identifying go-to-market themes for target segments
- Built on client’s heritage & developed a ground-breaking new vision
Transformation from BSS to a CRM focused business
8x share price increase (market cap to $400m) within the first 12 months of new strategy being implemented
A European MVNE/ BSS provider wanted to overhaul its technical and sales capabilities to target new global markets, primarily emerging IoT
- Deployed an interim team covering CCO, sales, operations and wholesale
- Designed the wholesale strategy and negotiated airtime agreements with multiple international providers
- Developed a new IoT strategy, redefining sales approach
- Boosted the global sales funnel, winning numerous strategic accounts across USA, Europe and APAC
- Developed a compelling information memorandum for investment
Won several high profile deals. Secured 35% investment and later full acquisition by Tata (now branded Tata Move)
A mobile operator wanted to win market share by developing a wholesale platform to launch sub-brands and MVNOs
- Assessed customer trends and benchmarked competitors to identify market and capability gaps
- Developed short and long-term wholesale proposition roadmap
- Devised wholesale platform architecture to sit alongside the operator’s core business
- Selected best fit MVNE partner
- Implemented a PMO and team covering architecture, proposition, operations, regulation, finance etc.
- Drafted legal agreements for MVNO partners and vendors
Created a new architecture more efficiently and faster than originally planned, facilitating the launch of new segmented propositions
An IoT platform provider wanted to expand its technical capability to offer greater call control and flexible pricing. This was to be achieved by a sales enablement and M&A strategy
- Developed a full-MVNO concept through core network infrastructure and MNO wholesale negotiations
- Identified acquisition opportunities and performed due diligence
- Devised a global airtime wholesale strategy, rationalised agreements and negotiated exceptional deals
- Developed a sales enablement toolkit to target key verticals
A full-MVNO model was launched with exceptional airtime agreements.
A number of acquisitions were made and the company achieved a huge valuation uplift to over £1bn.
Telenet wanted to create stickiness with its fixed line and media customers by offering mobility. End to end expertise was needed from mobile operator airtime negotiations to platform architecture to operational rollout
- Developed full 5 year business case
- Developed pitch to, and negotiated with, an MNO for wholesale airtime
- Architected technical and operating infrastructure
- Designed a OSS/BSS platform
- Designed convergence proposition roadmap with media and fixed line
Hugely successful launch of MVNO, with 900k+ new customers in 2015
Telenet immersed in mobile by acquiring the host operator Base in Q4 2015, and is now majority owned by Liberty Global
Plintron wanted to reposition itself in the market and required a comprehensive strategy refresh to attract new clients and enter new geographies
- Performed a comprehensive landscape analysis of competitors, technologies, regulation, customers, etc
- Developed a fresh strategic vision based on market findings and executive workshops, identifying positioning and target markets
- Orchestrated a complete revamp of the brand with a comprehensive sales toolkit of collateral
Implemented a robust global GTM strategy and new website launch with new brand identity
Europe’s largest dance record label wanted to build a mobile service for music lovers
- Segmented customer base into seven music genres
- Identified service preferences and trends through global research and focus groups
- Developed a service innovation roadmap incorporating music recommendations, file sharing, social media integration etc.
- Worked with a leading brand agency to develop mobile branding
- Negotiated airtime and mobile service rollout with a mobile operator
Developed a unique mobile music streaming experience.
A BSS vendor wanted to acquire a smaller technology business to fill gaps and boost valuation for an eventual sale
- A BSS vendor wanted to acquire a smaller technology business to fill gaps and boost valuation for an eventual sale
- Scanned the market and our network for M&A targets.
- Facilitated board discussions, negotiated pricing and performed commercial and technical due diligence
The M&A roadmap led to the client being acquired, while the companies we identified were also acquired by the group